"We are a business advisory firm helping owners and their leaders improve their companies.
I work with owners and their leadership teams to increase the ups and shorten the downs by turning up their results in six key areas. I'm committed to their successful future."
-- Tim Keran, Altus Business Advisors
After a successful 29 year career, including 15 years as the owner, Tim Keran sold Western Graphics in 2016.
Western was a leader in continuous improvement and known for its fun, rewarding and winning work culture. It was a perennial profit leader in the competitive and declining printing industry.
Tim started Altus Business Advisors to help business owners improve their own companies. Increasing their return on investment and peace of mind are two of his main goals.
"I've experienced that entrepreneurial roller coaster first hand. I know what it feels like to do a lay-off, have a bank loan called, make an acquisition and lose a large customer. I've seen the business owners in my peer groups go through these highs and lows as well."
Tim operates with a simple mission to be a trusted advisor to business owners and help them with simple, fundamental and practical advice and ideas to 'turn up' their results.
Tim has a passion for improving business performance. In his coaching and advisory work he draws on the following experience:
* 29 Years Experience Running a Business
* Visionary & Integrator Skill Set
* 25 Years of Peer Group Participation (Allied Executives, Vistage, EO)
* Continuous Improvement/Lean Leader since 2007
* Winner of Best Workplace in the Americas, Manufacturer of the Year, Best Lean Culture awards
* Professional Speaking Topics: Creating a Continuous Improvement Culture, Accountability as a Retention Tool, Lessons Learned From An EOS® Power User
A graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College, Tim currently serves on the boards of two companies and is involved in two CEO peer groups. He is married with three children and enjoys skiing, music, and mountain climbing.